Loxon in a nutshell
We are an international niche player in a class of its own in the area of lending, risk management and collection software solutions.
Loxon customer and reference base extends to banks and financial institutions of 25+ countries in EMEA and ASAP regions. We enable customer success through innovation and professional excellence.
Loxon is a story of people. We believe that people make the difference. Great human qualities can change the game, this is our experience. It is our colleagues who are extending the horizons of the company.
In our culture we trust and respect each other, we value the talent, the innovation, the drive and the performance. It is a culture where we listen to our customers and aim always to deliver value.
In our ‘family’ we have truthful interactions and build meaningful relationships and have a lot of fun.
Life at Loxon
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced QA Chapter Lead (CL) to guide Loxon’s software tester community (manual & automation) as a technical leader. The CL is responsible for building a skilled and continuously developing community of practice and a modern and open engineering culture in their discipline, encompassing the whole engineering department. The CL also acts as an individual contributor on their field by carrying out hands-on tasks to help the teams in resolving difficult issues, launching new projects / initiatives, building novel solutions, or preparing the adoption of new technologies, tools or methodologies, which require their expert knowledge.
- Support the Engineering Managers (EM) and VP in the hiring process by defining job profiles and assessing candidates from hard-skills point of view.
- Create technical content for interviewing and onboarding.
- Help people in their professional development and career advancement by coaching and mentoring.
- Provide input to EMs / VP for performance evaluation and promotion decisions.
- Create training programs: internal / external classroom trainings, online courses, technical materials (articles, books, videos), conference attendance, lunch & learn and similar events.
- Build the frames of efficient knowledge sharing: regular technical discussions, roundtables, accessible technical documentation (guidelines, how-to) on products and proprietary frameworks, systems.
- Foster innovation by organizing internal & external events like hackathons, meetups.
- Provide input for strategic initiatives i.e. product-, technology- and process-innovation backlogs. Leverage the ideas of the community.
- Lead the execution of strategic initiatives and provide technical guidance and thought leadership.
- Set the standards of professional work and ensure adherence to it.
- Find opportunities to improve quality and efficiency and drive their implementation.
- Prepare and lead the adoption of new technologies, tools, processes, methodologies.
- Implement and drive pilot projects, PoCs, prototypes. Summarize and present results.
- Ensure alignment across scrum teams and tribes regarding processes, tools, and practices.
- Provide technical guidance and thought leadership for project delivery.
- Take part in the investigation of difficult issues if needed by the teams.
- Lead root-cause analyses and preventive action definition following significant issues.
- Support pre-sales and help launching new projects: define scope, estimate workload, assess risks.
- Review code, design, architecture, requirements, tests and scope on running projects as needed. Take part in the implementation if necessary.
Qualifications & Skills
- STEM background with BSc or Msc degree, 5+ years of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Outstanding and up-to-date technical knowledge and experience in software testing and QA.
- Knowledge of Agile and Lean methodologies.
- Clear communication and strong influencing skills.
- Good presentation skills, able to deliver technical trainings.
- Coaching and mentoring skills. Ability to motivate and inspire people.
- Analytical, clear thinking. Pragmatic, result oriented approach.
- Ability to foster innovation and act as a change agent.
- Efficient as an individual contributor not just as a leader. Able to get things done.
- Business acumen besides technical skills. Ability to assess the value of short- & long-term investments.
- Fluency in English.
What you can expect from us
- An environment where you can continuously learn and grow.
- Competitive salary.
- Recreational activities (wide range of sports opportunities: fitness pass, AYCM).
- Diverse and flexible cafeteria (among others SZÉP Card, Edenred Card, sport and cultural event pass).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Regular team-building activities.
- Learning opportunities (Udemy courses, workshops).
- Professional working environment.
- Opportunity to work from home.
Who are we looking for?
Are you searching for the next challenge of your life? We are looking for talented, self motivated, productive professionals who like to see the results of their work. For both young geniuses and senior talents. We are looking for You.
Are you a fresh graduate? We are looking for the best of young graduates from finance and informatics faculties of top universities who are open to take the chance of learning by doing in international banking projects. For the future stars who would like to face great career in a rapidly expanding company where the opportunities find their matches. We are looking for You.
Are you a senior manager, risk expert, business consultant or software engineer? We are looking for excellent senior professionals with numerous years of experience in multinational software vendor, consulting or banking organizations who wish to work in a dynamic, open and motivating era where the individuals can do much for the success of the whole. For those who already learned that their performance can be an outstanding addition to the company achievements and are looking for a team that gives the empowerment and valuates the efforts. We are looking for You.