Oct 30, 2018
In October we attended the 37th BACEE Regional Banking Conference in Budapest with around 150 participating guests. During the two-day event several representatives of the banking and fintech sector visited the event and among many other speakers listened to the talk of Loxon’s Chairman Tamás Erni.
His presentation covered the newest trends in collateralised lending, especially mortgage lending, the challenges of digitalising collateralised lending processes and the use of artificial intelligence in digitalisation. It touched all elements of a fully digital mortgage lending process and its advantages for the customers of the banks. The role of national central databases was elaborated too; in particular the boosting effect of central collateral databases on collateralised lending activities.
Oct 18, 2018
The first phase of our our supported self-development project, Experimental Lab has come its end. During this period we have created exciting things and we got to know many new technologies in teams. To familiarize ourself with these achievements, each team introduced the outlines of their project and its outcomes and lessons learnt in a five-minute presentation. There were teams who learnt more about machine learning or graphe databases and their possible uses. Others created XMPP chat servers or made a traffic simulation. The award for the greatest contribution eventually went to the team who worked on the renewal of our mentoring programme - congratulations to them: Botond Pesti, Gábor Beckl, Tibor Németh! :)We are very proud of all the efforts and determination that we have seen you investing in the first three months of Experimental Lab and we are excited about the next round.
Oct 9, 2018
Even the colder winter days could not stop us from organizing our annual team building, which has become a tradition by now, this time in Siófok by the lake Balaton.
Our colleagues had to face numerous challenges before they could enjoy the rewards of the hotel spa. First they had to shine their intelligence in a quiz then it was time for testing their creativity. After the lunch in groups they had to build little ships of cardboard that would withstand the hostile weather conditions and bare the weight of the most courageous member of the group.
All this excitement and fun climaxed at the inevitable party in the evening.
Relive these brilliant moments with us by looking at the photos taken :)
Oct 8, 2018
Loxon Solutions, in partnership with the Faculty of Finance and Banking (FABBV) and The Faculty of Economic Cybernetics, Statistics and Informatics (CSIE) of The Bucharest University of Economic Studies - ASE, launches the second edition of the simulation competition for a virtual bank business. The competition shall take place between October and December 2018.
What are the details of the competition and in what type of activities will the students be involved?
The "OFSAA for Beginners" competition aims to develop the capacity of 12 FABBV and CSIE students in 3rd year undergraduate or faculty master programs to develop a solution for a virtual bank in the Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA) program, by applying the theoretical knowledge and implementing the scenarios offered. The project addresses issues related to the bank's Funds Transfer Pricing and simulations of Bank’s Balance Sheet and Income Statements, under different scenarios, using Assets and Liabilities Management techniques.
- A team will consist of three (3) students, two business oriented (from FABBV) applying together and one technical (from CSIE);
- The registration is based on the submission of the resumes of team members or technical people to Andreea Horhogea (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ionut Pop (email@example.com);
- Four (4) teams will be selected to participate in the competition;
- The activity will take place at Loxon Solutions headquarters, located at 6-6A Vitan Avenue, Phoenix Tower, 3rd floor;
- Participants will go through a training session provided by Loxon Solutions specialists in which they will discover two main modules they will use (FTP - Funds Transfer Pricing and ALM - Assets and Liabilities Management) and other OFSAA functionalities, the management product offered by Loxon Solutions to banks;
- Subsequently, they will receive virtual bank’s scenarios and they need to develop a project to use the application mentioned before;
- SQL knowledge will be an advantage for the participants and a requirement for technical part of the project;
- Project activities will take place for 5 weeks in a row, with a participation of 4 to 10 working hours per week, between 9:00 and 18:00;
- Each team will have the support of a Loxon Solutions employee to carry out the project activities;
- In the end, the best two (2) teams will receive the scholarships as follows:
- Scholarship for the first place: 1000 LEI per student;
- Second place scholarship: 500 LEI per student;
- In addition, this competition may be a milestone in the process of selecting business analysts for Loxon Solutions.
The calendar for the second edition of "OFSAA for Beginners 2.0" competition is the following:
- 1 October- Launch of the competition through the site and platforms managed by FABBV and CSIE;
- 2 - 14 October - Submission of team applications and technical individual applications by sending the resumes to the above-mentioned email addresses;
- 15 – 17 October - Selection of participating teams;
- 18 - 30 October - Preparing the participating teams;
- 30/31 October – Welcome meeting with all teams and Loxon’s mentors;
- 5 November - 7 December - Implementation of the activities and generation of results for the scenarios provided;
- 10 – 11 December – Final Presentation Meeting;
- 14 December - Award ceremony.
For more details related to this announcement, please contact Ionut Pop at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sep 17, 2018
To encourage self-instructed learning we launched Experimental Lab - our initiative to help developing new ideas and acquiring new technology in small working teams. In terms of the topics and the applied technology there is no restriction. The main objective of this call is for us all to participate in an exciting and engaging project. Every second Tuesday during our joint lunch we update each other about the debvelopment of our projects. We can hardly wait for the next one to come!